I will be the first person to admit that I am not the best at doing little girls hair. I am constantly looking at other web sites to get hair ideas. The fun thing about getting ideas from other people, is that you can always tweak the style a little to make it your own. So I hope that all of you who are looking at this blog, will have fun with these styles, and somehow make them your own.(: Also, I am not the best at making sure my parts are completely strait, and every hair is in place, but hopefully you will all get the idea.(:

Princess ponytail pull over
This style is great for when you want to pull your daughters hair into a side bun or ponytail, but it's not quite long enough.
You start off by parting the hair and combing it straight down. Then you take the first side section and pull it into a ponytail. Leave the ponytail a little loose. Then under the elastic, part the ponytail in the middle, and wrap the ponytail through. Then continue to the next section.

In each section, you will do another princess ponytail. I usually end up with 4 or 5 sections. It just depends how ornate you want it to be.

When you get to the front side section (your last section) you pull the ponytail the opposite way through the parted section. So towards the back of the head. At this point you can just leave a ponytail, or you can pull it half way through and do an easy bun. Curl the ends of the hair, or wrap them around the bun and bobby pin into place.
top view
I tried this one on Brielle today. It turned out cute and she loved it. Thanks for a fun idea.
ReplyDelete